María Sánchez takes a critical view of social and cultural issues. Often referencing human behavior, her work explores the varying relationships between the physical and non-physical world. Having engaged subjects as diverse as psychology and A.I, she reproduces stories of surrealism to be useful in the rearranging of ideas. Each project often consists of multiple works, in a range of different media, grouped around specific themes and meanings.
Since 2015, Sánchez's artworks have been exhibited at spaces and galleries both nationally and internationally, including solo and group exhibitions of her different series of paintings, digital art, and photography. One of her notable projects was the collaboration with WildAid foundation against ivory traffic. Figures such as Leonardo DiCaprio, Ellen DeGeneres, and Hrh Prince William were involved.
To be announced
• Monochrome group exhibition. Galerie SLP - Bikini Berlin. January 2023. Berlin, Germany.
• Cluster Contemporary Fair. OXO Tower Wharf. November 2022. London, UK.
• When did fairytales change? exhibition. Liebig12. 15-20 July 2022. Berlin, Germany.
• Stratosphere NFT show. Spatial and Samsung. 21-23 June 2022. New York, USA.
• Art on loop hybrid exhibition. The Holy Art Gallery. 15-21 June 2022. London, UK.
• AD ART SHOW. Oculus - Westfield World Trade Center. May 2022. New York, USA.
• Artexpo NY - Presented by Redwood Art Group. April 2022. New York, USA.
• Groupshow - Mads Art Gallery. February - March 2022. Milan, Italy.
• The Other Art Fair - Presented by Saatchi Art. November 2021. New York, USA.
• Reborn Solo Virtual Exhibition - The Holy Art Gallery. September - October 2021. London, UK.
• Faceless Solo Exhibition. ResiART – SalonK. August – September 2019. Berlin, Germany.